Professional Interpreting Certification – PIC
Professional Interpreting Certification (PIC) is a hands-on tailor-made programme to set fresh translators and potential professional translation seekers apart from the crowd and bring them eye to eye with the nuts and bolts of the interpreting industry. PIC showcases to current and potential employers and clients that you have solid nuggets of knowledge and know-how to wield a positive impact on bottom-line results and ensure smooth accurate interpreting.
- An eye-opener hands-on market-oriented interpreting course;
- Gets you ready to pass the Oral Part of the MoJ Translation Certification Examination;
- Helps you locate jobs on the local market;
- Delivered by a handpicked team of trainers with a proven record at the forefront of the interpreting industry.
Who is the course for?
PIC is a guaranteed added value, but not limited to:
- Motivated newbie AR/EN translators/interpreters;
- Fresh AR/EN translation graduates;
- Fresh freelance AR/EN interpreters;
- Fresh English Language graduates with fluent command of Arabic;
- Fresh English Language and Literature graduates with fluent command of Arabic;
- Interested English language teachers;
- Interpreting enthusiasts;
- Arabic language graduates with fluent command of English;
- Arabic Language and Literature graduates with fluent command of English.
CLICK HERE for date of next course
- Type: Classroom
- Duration: 40 Hours
- Language Pair(s): English<>Arabic
The Professional Interpreting Certificate program is tailor-made to:
- build up interpreting-related skills, including public speaking, mental alertness/split attention, note-taking and listening skills;
- give the participants a space to practice sight translation and consecutive and simultaneous interpreting;
- offer specialist training on sight interpreting and consecutive and conference interpreting;
- familiarize the participants with the interpreting equipment;
- provide guidance on interpreting ethics and conduct; and
- equip the participants with the tools needed to expand their knowledge.
- The PIC Placement Test: A 60-minute assessment;
Welcome to the PIC training
- Introduction of trainers and guest speakers
- House rules
- Kick-off assignment
Interpreter’s general knowledge
- Read around your subject
- News round-up
- Public speaking
- Split attention
- Alert listening
- Sight translation practice
- Sight paraphrasing
- What to note
- How to note
- When to note
- Consecutive interpreting practice
Booth Interpreting Ethics
Interpreter’s Resources for further CPD
Branding for Interpreters
- How to locate and land jobs on local and international markets.
- Interpreting as a freelance job
- Court interpreting
- Whispering interpreting
- 3 hours final assessment.
- The PIC Placement Test
- University degree (or equivalent) in translation, interpreting, English Language, English Literature, Arabic Language, Arabic Literature
- Note: Arabic Language and Literature degree holders should provide evidence of their English fluency.
- Very good command of Arabic and English
- Strong professional development motivation
- Basic computer skills
The minimum requirements needed to succeed in this training:
To learn more fill the following form (English or Arabic) and a training consultant will call you: