Results-Based Management (RBM)
Results-Based Management (RBM) is currently the standard framework utilized by the majority of local and international organizations. RBM methodologies and tools are used for project planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning in order to track progress and capture impact.
This training will develop knowledge of the RBM approach and understand its methodologies and tools. In addition, you will have the opportunity to practice the learning using practical examples.
Upon completion, the trainee will be better able to:
- Understand RBM in n a changing development context
- Understand relevant methodologies and tools for results-based planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Learn how develop a results framework and design and use indicators
- RBM in changing contexts
- The project/ program cycle
- Development of project/ intervention objectives
- Logical framework/ Theory of change (ToC)
- Developing indicators
- Work plans
- Project monitoring approaches tools and methods
- Planning for project monitoring
- Data collection and analysis
- Monitoring as a management tool
- Project evaluation approaches, tools, and methods
- Incorporating evaluation in project design
- Developing evaluation plans
- Results-based reporting (preparation – implementation)
- Good practices in reporting
- How to use the information for decision- making/ policy and advocacy activities/ exist, scaling up
Interested participants must complete a survey to identify their needs and expectations prior to the training. In addition, a pre and post surveys will be designed to assess the knowledge of participants before and after the training.