In-House Arabic<>English Translator
The purpose of this position is to provide language services of high quality of for the clients of the Language Services Department.
- Perform translation of written text from English<>Arabic
- Translate a variety of material, with particular focus on legal, technological and engineering documentation, from English<>Arabic, with attention to fact and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
- Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Proper research legal, technical and scientific phraseology pertinent to the assigned projects.
- Shall remain faithful to the original text and take responsibility for the accuracy, readability, and lucidity of the translation into the target language. Content accuracy includes detailed comparison of content, facts and figures and making sure there are no omissions from the source language.
- Shall type all translations and tables, charts, graphs, that accompany them in Word Documents and/ or PowerPoint Slides.
- Shall strictly comply with the delivery date deadlines for submission set by Ritaj.
- Shall build and continuously update the glossary list
- Shall edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by other employees and contractors.
- Minimum of a BA in related field
- At least 3-5 years of overall professional experience
- Experience with SDL Trados Studio or strong willingness to learn
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written communication skills in English and Arabic
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment
- Has interpersonal qualities necessary to generate enthusiasm, integrity and build consensus with direct reports and staff members
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of Ritaj
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work, light travel, and working with challenging clients.
To apply send a cover letter, CV with 3 professional references, and salary history, in Arabic or English, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: In-House Translator. Submissions will be processed on a first come first served basis.