Community Platform Coordinator
The Community Platform Coordinator (CPC) oversees all of Ritaj’s community platforms, namely today the free, speaking platform, RITAJ Talks, and the for-fee, discussion platform, RITAJ Roundtables. All platforms may be conducted in-person at Ritaj or other venues, and/or online. The CPC must be hands-on and participative and will lead, develop, marketing, and manage the implementation of platform events. The Community Platform Coordinator reports to the Managing Director (MD).
Duties and responsibilities
- Scan the market for business and professional issues/debates that serve to be highlighted in the community.
- Map, engage and oversee speakers to address all Ritaj Open Courses.
Marketing & Sales
- Build and maintain good relations with existing participants in person, via phone calls, and via emails.
- Prepare event invitations and/or offers.
- Coordinate events.
- Conduct quality assurance of event delivery, and formal and informal evaluations.
- Document in reports, videos, and photos of each event.
- Conduct any other relevant task assigned to him/her.
- The Community Platform Coordinator reports to the Managing Director (MD).
- Comply with Ritaj standard operating procedures SOPs.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with a marketing, media, public administration, or related degree
- At least 2+ years of overall professional experience
- Solid grasp of community issues
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of market players, private sector, civil society, and public sector
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytics, which supports and enables sound decision making
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Technology savvy
- Excellent written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of Ritaj
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work, light travel, and working with challenging clients.
This position is fully commissioned-based and is compensated 100% on performance.
To apply send a cover letter, CV with 3 professional references, and salary history, in Arabic or English, to email@example.com with Subject: Community Platform Coordinator. Submissions will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.