Accounting & Administration Officer
The Accounting & Administration Officer (AAO) is a thought-partner and reports to the Managing Director (MD). The person must be hands-on and participative and will lead, develop and manage internal systems to support the following areas: accounting, facility management, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT. This position plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Ritaj continues to enhance its lines of business and build capacity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Enter all transactions into accounting system.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all business lines, and oversee all financial accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the MD; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the MD; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep MD abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Recommend updates to and implement all approved business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the MD.
- Further develop Ritaj’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Minimum of a BA or related degree
- At least 1-3 years of overall professional experience
- Practical knowledge of BISAN SYSTEMS accounting software. A MUST.
- Carry final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – all colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Ability to oversee relationships with software and hardware vendors
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written communication skills in English and Arabic
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment
- Has interpersonal qualities necessary to generate enthusiasm, integrity and build consensus with direct reports and staff members
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and dedication to the mission of Ritaj
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work, light travel, and working with challenging clients.
How to apply
To apply send a cover letter, CV with 3 professional references, and salary history, in Arabic or English, to email@example.com with Subject: Accounting & Administration Officer. Submissions will be processed on a first come first served basis.